(see also Finishing)
- Coil Bind: Has a professional look. Opens flat and all the way back on itself, but doesn’t allow copies to be added or removed. Good for manuals and catalogs which will receive regular use.
- Comb Bind (“GBC Bind”): Affordable and practical, this bind opens flat, but not back on itself. It allows copies to be added or removed, but only with rebinding. Good for classroom and conference use.
- Velo Bind: This rugged plastic strip makes a very strong permanent binding. It doesn’t open completely flat, but holds copies permanently in place. Good for anything receiving heavy or archival use.
- Tape Bind (“Fastback”): This is a machine-generated tape & glue bind. It’s reliable and has a professional look. It doesn’t open completely flat, but holds copies permanently in place. Good for reports, annual reports, directories and regulations.
- Screw post: uses 3-hole punched paper with metal posts. Rugged and well suited for thick volumes. Does not open flat, but does allow pages to be easily changed or added. Good for sizable specifications which may require sections to be changed.
- 3 Ring Binder: uses 3-hole punched paper. Binders lie flat and allow easy page replacement. Most binders allow a custom title page to be inserted into an outside acetate pocket. Perfect for seminars and presentations.
- Saddle Stitch: Saddle stitch is basically single sheets of paper, printed on both sides, collated in page number order, folded in half, then stapled through the fold with staples made of thin wire securing the sheets together and then trim the 3 sides to the desired finished size...
- Perfect Bind: Perfect binding booklet printing is single sheets (text weight) paper printed on both sides and collated in page number order, one on top of the other, and gathered into a book block. The spine edge is ground off. The softcover (a thicker cardstock) is placed over and around the book block (interior pages) and attached by the application of a strong yet flexible glue along the binding edge, creating a professional looking square spine that can be printed on.